Today I had my usual crafting workshops with a group of boys and today’s theme was “Goals Settings”.
We talked about the “SMART Goals” which stands for : S = specific, M = measurable, A = achievable, R = relevant, T = time. The boys were ask to think about what their goals are and write them in a little journal that we were teaching them to make.
This is a very simple journal book that you can also make for yourself! Have you set your goals for this year yet? Maybe you can join me to create this little journal book for yourself or you can also use it as a little album.
I used the Carta Bella “So Noted” for my journal as the material of their patterned papers are nice & thick and makes a good cover for my journal.
4″ x 6″ thick double-sided patterned paper for cover x 2 pcs
4″ x 6″ thick plain cardstock for inside pages x 9 pcs
4″ x 6″ double-sided patterned paper as divider x 2 pcs
4″ x 2 1/4″ plain or patterned paper as spine x 1 pc
Colourful Bakers Twine x 1 string
1. Arrange your journal signature to your liking.
2. Score a 1″ bind for all patterned paper and cardstock.
3. Score the spine at 3/4″ x 1 1/4″
4. Insert the cover and insert of the journal to the spine.
5. Punch 2 holes on the spine and use baker’s twine to bind the journal.
6. Add embellishment to cover and your journal is complete.
Hope you will enjoy making this journal/album, I know the boys had a great time making and designing theirs today!
Thank you for visiting my blog today!